Seafood is an vital pressure in the struggle for healthier Individuals and a much healthier earth. You now have a special opportunity to find the latest science guiding the public wellness and weather added benefits of feeding on extra seafood. At the annual Point out of the Science Symposium, you will also find out about the Seafood Diet Partnership’s (SNP) attempts to progress the development of a Nationwide Seafood Council and SNP’s pilot general public instruction and marketing marketing campaign “Eat Seafood America!”
On behalf of Dr. Tom Brenna and SNP’s Scientific Nutrition Advisory Council, we invite you to attend the 5th Annual State of the Science Symposium in particular person or pretty much. This meeting is being held on Thursday, September 23, 2021, at the District Architecture Centre from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET (nearly 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET).
SNP’s Point out of the Science Symposium is the primary discussion board for world-wide authorities to outline the most up-to-day and trusted science on seafood nutrition and sustainability. Renowned speakers will deliver updates on seafood nourishment science, sustainable seafood and food stuff methods, Dietary Recommendations, and client communications. We will also present an overview of the procedure to incubate a National Seafood Council and Nationwide Seafood Marketing campaign.
The whole agenda is offered at seafoodnutrition.org/soss. Register for tickets to the State of the Science Symposium right here.
Attendees include things like researchers, diet policy gurus, registered dietitians, marketplace leaders, non-financial gain leaders, Congressional representatives, federal agency reps, and far more. Federal company staff members and registered dietitians are invited absolutely free with qualifications. This celebration is a widely attended event and more than 150 individuals have registered as of this announcement.
“I invite you to discover the science driving the electricity of seafood — why it is so important to our health and the overall health of the world. This year’s professional speakers will emphasize the very important job seafood performs in our well-staying, immune health, and raising sensible little ones. I am thrilled to see quite a few faces in individual yet again this year, as perfectly as on the display, for our hybrid in-man or woman and online party,” said Dr. Tom Brenna, Chair of SNP’s Scientific Diet Advisory Council and Professor at the Dell Healthcare University at the College of Texas at Austin.
The fifth annual State of the Science Symposium will welcome the next speakers:
- Dr. Tom Brenna, Professor of Pediatrics & of Chemistry, Dell Health-related University and College of Natural Science at the University of Texas at Austin SNAC Chair SNP Board member
- Andrea Albersheim, Director of Interaction, Seafood Diet Partnership
- Dr. Philip Calder, Head of the University of Human Enhancement and Health Professor of Dietary Immunology, School of Medication, College of Southampton, Uk
- Dr. Susan Carlson, AJ Rice Professor of Diet and College Distinguished Professor, College of Kansas Medical Center
- Linda Lai Cornish, President & Founder, Seafood Nourishment Partnership
- Thomas Grasso, Associate Vice President, Oceans and Weather at Environmental Protection Fund
- Dr. Ray Hilborn, Professor, College of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, College of Washington
- Dr. David Enjoy, Affiliate Scientist, Section of Environmental Wellness and Engineering, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Community Wellness and the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Long run
- Jessica Miller, RDN, Nutrition Communications Manager, Seafood Diet Partnership
- Dr. Michael Tlusty, Affiliate Professor, College of Massachusetts Boston
- Gretchen Vannice, RDN, Director of Nutrition Education and Investigation, Wiley Providers
- Arlin Wasserman, Founder and Managing Director, Transforming Tastes
This year’s sponsors are:
To make certain a secure and comfortable meeting, SNP is subsequent COVID-19 security protocols for every the CDC for the in-individual portion of the meeting. We are necessitating every single attendee, personnel and seller to present a copy of their COVID-19 Vaccination File Card or a unfavorable COVID-19 take a look at result in 5 times prior to the conference. All information and facts will be saved confidential. Masks will be needed all through the assembly other than for when feeding on or consuming. Speakers might get rid of their masks when presenting. In-person attendees will have their temperature checked prior to getting into the function.